Doctors rescue mother, son who nearly died after eating 'death cap' mushroom

Let us tell you that a Massachusetts mother and her son are recovering from a near-death experience,

It is the case that the two consumed the highly poisonous "death cap" mushroom for dinner.

UMass Memorial Medical Center said in a news release that Amherst women Kam Luk, 63, and son Kai Chen, 27, were outside to collect mushrooms,

Like they used to meet for cooking in Malaysia.

Both started feeling sick during dinner

And reportedly was able to drive himself to Cooley Dickinson Hospital in Northampton.

In the hospital, medical professionals felt both would require a higher level of intervention.

And then he was taken to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester.